Audio-Visual Entrainment (AVE) uses pulses of light and sound at targeted
frequencies to gently and safely guide the brain into specific brainwave patterns.
By altering brainwave frequencies, you can:
- Boost your mood
- Improve sleep patterns
- Sharpen your mind
- Increase relaxation
The AVE is an effective therapy for many disorders, such as anxiety, ADHD,
seasonal affective disorder, sleep disorders, PTSD, and chronic pain.
It is also used to:
- Boost physical performance in athletes
- Increase academic performance in students
- Improve business performance in professionals
- Improve cognitive performance in seniors.
AVE produces situationally-appropriate brainwave frequencies through the process of entrainment (the tendency of physiological processes to mirror environmental stimuli).
AVE also increases cerebral blood flow and increases the metabolization of glucose in the brain for improved functioning of the neurons. The combined outcome of these processes is improved mental performance.
During AVE, the brain-body’s regenerative repair chemicals (parasympathetic
hormones) and stabilizing neurotransmitters (serotonin, endorphins, and dopamine) are released, which restore brain function.
Several things occur when you use an AVE device:
- First, the electrical activity in your brain is altered. As the AVE frequency changes, so does the frequency of your brainwaves. For example, the Mood Booster sessions re-stabilize brainwaves by suppressing left frontal alpha waves while boosting right frontal alpha waves.
- Second, you are being dissociated. When using AVE, you get drawn into the present moment and let go of thoughts related to daily hassles, hectic schedules, paying bills, worries, threats, or anxieties, and you stop the unhealthy mental “chatter”. Dissociation involves a “disconnection” of self from thoughts and body awareness, as is experienced during deep meditation.
- Third, your limbic system stabilizes. Your body calms, your breathing becomes rhythmic, your hands warm, and your muscles relax.
- Fourth, a number of neurotransmitters are being produced. People with
depressed mood typically have low levels of serotonin and norepinephrine. AVE boosts brain levels of serotonin and norepinephrine to improve overall well-being.
- Finally, your cerebral blood flow (CBF) increases. Low CBF is associated with many forms of mental disorders, including anxiety, depression, attentional problems, behavior disorders, and impaired cognitive function. CBF tends to lower as we age, causing cognitive decline.